The Clerk keeps minutes in which are entered all the proceedings in open court showing all motions and orders made in the progress of every trial, the names of the witnesses sworn, juror’s drawn and the bailiff sworn to take charge of them and the verdict of the jury when returned.
The Clerks office manages the jury system, including selection, summoning, monitoring and paying of jurors for the branches of the Circuit Court System.
The Clerks office manages the receipting/collection of all:
- Surcharges and court fees ordered by the Court and
- Ensures that these funds are properly deposited with the County Treasurer
The office prepares and maintains a judgment record and docket recording all money judgments of:
- The court
- Transcripts for judgment
- Dockets of other Wisconsin courts
- Warrants for unemployment compensation and
- Warrants for delinquent Wisconsin income taxes