Door County Emergency Management’s mission is to prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate against both man made and natural disasters within Door County. This is accomplished in part through planning, training, and exercising which better prepares the public and response personnel to help minimize the loss of lives and property following a disaster.
What Does Emergency Management Do:
• Maintain the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for Door County
• Provide assistance to emergency response agencies and partners following emergencies or disasters
• Develop and update emergency plans for all hazards impacting our community
• Act as a liaison with local, state and federal authorities during emergencies and disasters
• Develop, coordinate and conduct emergency management training/exercise programs
• Develop and distribute emergency management presentations, brochures, pamphlets, public service announcements and other relevant information for civic organizations, businesses, and the public.