Door County Animal Waste Ordinance
Door County has an Animal Waste Ordinance. The Door County Code Chapter 23 establishes minimum nonpoint pollution standards and manure storage permits for agriculture operations to protect ground and surface water quality.
Animal Waste Storage Permit Application (PDF)
Agricultural Performance Standards & Animal Waste Storage Ordinance Fee Schedule (PDF)
Door County Code - Chapter 23 Ag Performance Standards and Animal Waste Storage Ordinance (PDF)
Summary of Silurian Bedrock Standards (PDF)
Farmland Preservation Program (FPP)
The Farmland Preservation program (FPP) program offers a tax credit for those who are eligible and in compliance with the state performance standards.
The eligibility requirements include the following
- The land is located in Clay Banks Township and landowner must be a Wisconsin resident. You do not need to be the farm operator and can rent out your land to a producer.
- Your land must have produced $6,000 in gross farm revenue in the past year, or $18,000 in the past 3 years. Rent is not included.
- Your farm must meet state soil and water conservation standards. Obtain a certificate of compliance from SWCD.
Farmland Preservation Program Application (PDF)
Farmland Preservation Program Brochure (PDF)
Soil and Water Conservation Standards for Farmland Preservation Program (PDF)
Municipal Manure Ordinances
Local Municipalities have adopted the following ordinances:
- Baileys Harbor Ordinance 03-2015 (PDF)
- Brussels Ordinance 32 (PDF)
- Liberty Grove Ordinance 15-2 (PDF)
- Sturgeon Bay Ordinance 02-2014 (PDF)